For goodness' sake. What's so bloody hard about this? Capitalist
employers are oppressing the people, and probably have more deaths to
their name (malnutrition, famine, etc) than the armies of the world put
together. Yet I haven't seen people saying how fighting for equal access
to jobs (capitalist jobs under capitalist employers) for women, gays,
people of race X, or religion Y, is a bad thing.

The army is yet another employer. People join the army for largely the
same reasons why they join another employer. They need to alienate their
labour in order to obtain the means of subsistence. It's hierarchical,
what a shock. I guess capitalist concerns are examples of
egalitarianism. No-one got fired for arguing with the boss outside the
military, ever.

A bit of perspective.

--David.