http://im.yahoo.com/
GORAN MATIC – A PRESS CONFERENCE

The aggression against FR Yugoslavia continues changing forms but not the pace and
intentions. The murder of the chairman of the Executive Council of Vojvodina, Bosko
Perosevic, shows that today we are confronted with the concept of an active
destabilization of FR Yugoslavia by means of terrorism whose mentors and sponsors are
those who pay a lip service to democracy, human rights protection and the values of
contemporary society, Yugoslav Information Minister Goran Matic told a press
conference for domestic and foreign reporters. A report from Jelena Boskovic.

Following the assassination of Yugoslav Defence Minister Pavle Bulatovic and the
Director of the Yugoslav National Airliner JAT, Zika Petrovic, yet another person from
a list of unacceptable citizens compiled by the EU and the US was murdered, Matic said
and inquired whether at issue are lists of persons who are banned from travelling or
those serving some other purposes. He said that the murderer of Bosko Perosevic,
Milivoje Gutovic, is a follower of the Serbian Renewal Movement and an activist of the
fascist organization Otpor meaning Resistance.

Otpor is no student but neo-fascist organization, formed on the model of the Red
Brigade, for the purpose of destabilizing Yugoslavia with all available means on
behalf of those who carried out an armed aggression and wielded all sorts of pressures
against this country, Matic underlined. The terror being exerted by part of the
obsequious opposition in Serbia, by creating the Otpor armed formation, is reminiscent
of the already witnessed scenario of the seventies in Italy, when the CIA, through the
already mentioned terrorist Red Brigades and the murder and liquidation of
distinguished politicians, attempted to solidify the Nato position on the
international political scene, Matic said. It is obvious that the assassination of
Perosevic is part of a scenario, Matic said and added it could be said with certainty
that at issue was no individual act of a maniac but an organized murder with an
ideological and political background. All our citizens should be aware of the fact
that terrorism is the major threat we are exposed to and that all subjects of society
must make their maximum contribution to our joining the same front against the new
form of aggression, Matic underlined.

Those who believe that in this manner they will destabilize the country, sow fear
among the citizens, hinder and slow down our restoration, reconstruction and reforms,
are deceiving themselves. Just as it has defeated all economic, diplomatic, political
and military pressures, FR Yugoslavia will also defeat terrorism as we have historical
experience, strength and professional institutions and citizens to face the new
menace, Yugoslav Information Minister Goran Matic concluded.

Radio Yugoslavia, 15.05.2000