Comment

To my knowledge no one on the list limit the class struggle to a concept of
 struggle for reform. The struggle of the proletariat as a property form of
class  must lead to the overthrow of the bourgeois property relations or
the bourgeois  mode of commodity production, or the thing that makes it
proletariat in the  first place. The overthrow of bourgeois property doesn't
take
place based on,  will not take place based on and cannot take place based on
armed struggle or  "the need of the armed struggle as a stage of
revolutionary activity," but  rather as the culmination of the revolutionary
crisis
and insurrectionary  process.  Siege

Insurrection in the mouth of Marxists means the process by which
revolutionaries siege the old holders of state power and capture - seize, the
commanding heights of power; and then establish the rule of a new class. In old

Russia and in our country - in my opinion, this process "by which
revolutionaries capture the commanding heights of power" means the mass
struggle
rather than a concept of "the armed struggle." Specifically the mass uprising.
In Russia this mass uprising involved and was based on the Soviets and not
just  the Soldiers Soviets. The role of being armed within the mass uprising
is  subordinate to the mass uprising.

Lenin describes a revolutionary era as a period wherein the masses batter
the state until it is dislodged and turn inward upon itself and becomes
paralyzed. This process is described as the ruling class being unable to rule
in  the same old way and the masses refusing to be ruled in the same old way.
That  is to say, the organs of the state turn inward against itself and a
huge sector  of this organization of violence goes over to the social
revolution of the  proletariat.

The state as state does not need to be educated to the fact that it is an
armed organization of violence. The state being armed is why it is the
state.  Our task is to count on winning over a decisive sector of this
organization  of violence as opposed to "training, agitation and propaganda
(which)
include  the realization for and need of the armed struggle as a stage of
revolutionary  activity."

I disagree with the proposition that "the armed struggle as (IS) a stage of
 revolutionary activity."

In place of this concept of "the armed struggle as a stage of revolutionary
 activity," is the "revolutionary crisis" AS A STAGE OF THE
SOCIAL/POLITICAL  REVOLUTION and the growth of the insurrectionary proletariat.
The
insurrectionary proletariat is the vanguard of the proletariat prepared to
acquire the commanding heights of power. The proletariat becomes an
insurrectionary force when it is prepared to acquire the commanding heights of
power and
not because it is armed or to the degree it is armed.

This is actually Lenin concept of the revolutionary crisis and
revolutionary process.

The bottom line is that LRNA and no other Marxist group I am ware of agree
with Mr. Scott interpretation of Lenin.

Scott obliterates several features of the revolutionary crisis and
revolutionary process as described by Lenin, in favor of reckless calls for
armed
struggle and demands for communists to alter our literature in his
conception, which becomes indistinguishable from doctrines of political
terrorism.

What of the mass uprising Sir?

Between the 1965 Watts uprising and the Tampa Florida revolt of 1989 more
than 2,000 such uprising took place in America. What distinguished these
uprising was their mass rather than their arms and no place in America was the
 uprising as violent as Detroit 1967.

Scott writes that anyone that does not adhere to his personal concept of
the revolutionary process as meaning armed struggle - rather than the mass
uprising, cowers at the bourgeois power.

Sir, there is no reason to condemn comrades who have a different
interpretation of what Lenin wrote and how we might understand our own history
.  . .
even if we are wrong. What is the understanding advanced above is wrong but
 more actually express Lenin's thinking that what you present?

What if you are MORE mistaken?

The act of insurrection and the meaning of the insurrectionary movement,
which embraces the mass uprising; b). the state turning inwards and
collapsing  upon itself - "set at loggerhead," and c). extreme polarization
within
the  parliamentary arena and all social life is a general outline of the
revolutionary collapse. The revolutionary process or crisis  - at a certain
stage, does not become ARMED STRUGGLE, but an insurrectionary movement based on
 the popular class.

Anyone that disagrees with Scott and ask for an examination of Russia
history and the role of Soviets is somehow a coward and bourgeois humanists, as

if being human is not sacred - inviolable.

Mr. Scott theory or interpretation of Lenin displaces the insurrectionary
movement - the essence of political Leninism and the meaning of "a party of
a  new type," with a concept of armed struggle. Seems to me the military
aspects of  the insurrectionary movement are dependent upon the mass uprising -
movement of  the vanguard of the proletariat.

Further, Scott demands that communists as individuals and groups alter
their forms of propaganda to conform to his individualized vision of the
revolutionary process.

Hence, Scott teeters in and out of ideological doctrines of terrorism.

Waistline

In a message dated 12/28/2010 8:11:51 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,