The un-mentionable is a rabid revisionist, not only because he seems to enjoy
creating schisms among the class, thus, in the real world, contributing to the
old USA sectarianism which he seems so very much a part of, but  because he has
contempt for the very revolutionary class which Marxism rises to the
challenge.  To the "new class" theorist, a worker is revolutionary  only in so
far as he is replaced by the new means of production i.e robots.   In the state
that the working class is now, that is, as the anti- thesis of the capitalist
class,  or otherwise, that aspect in constant contradiction with the
bourgeoisie throughout the economic mode of production know as capitalism, it
finds itself in a mere symbiotic relationship with the bourgeoisie and remains
so until it becomes "external" to capitalism , like the "new class" theorist
utter, meaning: not employed.   This  new class must be sustained not according
to work, but according to need,
 thus satisfying a warped interpretation of communist society here amidst
capitalism.   Even the  marginal or  part time workers are considered
revolutionary only in so far as they approach the "external to capitalism"
stage of decay as gauged by the destitute proletariat.

This is not Marxism but revisionism and quite reactionary, from the working
class' point of view; and the working class condemns such insolent display of
contempt.

It is not the first time that this type thesis arises.  It is a variation of
the old Lumpen as vanguard of the revolution line of the 60's and 70's here in
the USA.

History and current events witnesses the leading role of the working class as
that class capable of sealing the capitalist coffin, although we've witnessed
that in the era of Imperialism, the bourgeoisie can reposes power;  and hence
the need for an effective dictatorship of the proletariat.  Applying a bold
revolutionary method to Marxism Leninism, based on the revolutionary working
class in all its contingents,  is the difference between why proletarian
revolutions of later days succeeded and the petty pinko attempts of nowadays
don't..... a thesis, of mine.

Other classes beside the proletariat will contribute to the revolution,  and it
shall be so noted by the fair and just wisdom of the creators of value whom do
not exploit.   Any class can initiate a revolution or uprising, but only the
working class can culminate it.  Not because I say so, but because that's what
it is, and as Marx understood and predicted.

What the revisionists, in this case, choose not to accept, is that the working
class and capitalism become that LAST economic relations where one class
exploits the other, and hence, for the first time in history, a class to negate
all classes comes into being.  A Messiah, so to speak...... perhaps
Christianity did get a gist of the concept.

yours,
f580