"The capitalist mode of production, for example, rests on the fact that the
 material conditions of production are in the hands of nonworkers in the
form of  property in capital and land, while the masses are only owners of the
personal  condition of production, of labor power. If the elements of
production are so  distributed, then the present-day distribution of the means
of
consumption  results automatically. If the material conditions of
production are the  co-operative property of the workers themselves, then there
likewise results a  distribution of the means of consumption different from the
present one."

The day after tomorrow in Communist America: May 1, 2057.
Private Journal

Western High School was restored as a secondary school in 2041, with its
small quaint class rooms and gymnasium. The "School Restoration and
Preservation  project" (SRPP) felt a lottery should be held to determine who
would
fill the  1800 slots. This was rejected by the "Area-wide Neighborhood
Committee" (AWNC).  Based on the old zip code system embracing block club
associations, AWNC  proposed setting aside no more than 100 slots for students
outside its zip area.  Attendees would be chosen through block club
associations
rather than lottery.  AWNC won the political fight for exclusion right to
determine method of  selection. Our 14 year old was enrolled after the usual
placement scuffle.

It helped that my wife Malaika worked the restoration program  ensuring
its speedy completion. Being Secretary of the Block club  association, an old
party member or "party hack" depending on who you asked,  helped in our
public advocacy for our daughter. Actually, party membership did  not help
anyone in neighborhood based selection. On the other hand leadership in
non-party organizations tipped the scale in ones favor.

II.

Immigration continues to drive America's population increased of
370,000,000. The official "Statistical Analysis" estimate showed a need for a
mere
twenty eight million people to supply the field of "needs" classified as
"socially necessary means of life."  In all fields individuals signed up  for
placement only to run into the hard rock of "to much society ability."

As fifth generation Detroiter, the "Labor Placement System," denied me an
opportunity to work in auto as did the last four generations of our
families.  Every year 30,000 people in Detroit sign up for the one thousand
labor
slots  allocated for Detroit.

Neither of us had a job as "work and job" were understood in the bourgeois
order. Trained as a doctor with nine years of specialized education and
practice, Malaika became frustrated when "Labor Placement" denied her a slot
at  the 10 city hospitals.

It was in hospitals that one could engage the best technology. Like auto
there was too much "ability" in her field with 130,000 people - 100,000
outside  Detroit, seeking placement in three thousand hospital slots. Actually,
there  were only two thousand slots with the hospital committees routinely
exercising  authority to retain individuals. Improved health of the individual
was becoming  the prime desire in society and fundamental to enhanced
ability.

Although highly automated everyone hates the "Labor Placement System" and
the nasty letters of rejection. "At this time  . . .  the fair  reporting
act of 2039 requires allowing access to our method of selection . . .  .
perhaps applying for over sea placement in your field of interest . . . your
application will remain active for 36 months."

Malaika applied her ability to diagnosis via Internet acquiring ten years
"certified ability" classification.  Then she became part of the
Restoration Project. Like most adults our ability was applied outside the
sphere  of
"socially necessary production," with me hanging out in the old library
system and periodically working the secondary economy. With the value system
and
 exchange abolished in the realm of socially necessary means of life, our
proletarian dictatorship did not just tolerate but nurtured the "script
market."  "Script" was currency of a vast chain of production and distribution
of many  items classified as luxury. I had used script to acquire old style
wooden audio  speakers to give the house a warm green and brown feel, working
various small  individually owned restaurants, ice cream parlors and
selling home grown  specialized tomatoes. 40% of the city population ability
goes
into home  gardening of vegetables and fruit.

III.

The labor time in producing our population "socially necessary food
staple," and then export of produce, is so insignificant no measurement of time

is attached to the individual. A life time of food consumption for the
individual was estimated at 1440 minutes per year.  Milk, cereal and meat
consumption dropped another 60% between 2040 and 2050. The human body is taking

on a more enhanced symmetry or post industrial shape. The old meat and potato
 three meals a day glutton of the industrial era is a thing of the past.
Mostly  young men seeking military adventure combine in associations opting
for the  "muscular look" of the symbolic metal men of the industrial era.
These are the  last meal and potato men. Consumption of fruits, with new exotic
"winter fruits"  skyrocketed. A full 50% of this fruit stuff is grown in
private homes as a  hobby.

"Reason Journal" states the 60% drop in meat and milk consumption was the
result of the individual eating less in the context of ending mass
advertising  of "consumption," rather than an ideological victory for the vegan
groups. In  the sphere of food consumption, "socially necessary food
consumption"
by the  individual has dropped every year since victory of the proletariat
despite the  enormous increase in the productivity of dead labor.

Time to talk another walk.

Waistline