From: "Declan Carolan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2000 7:38 AM
Subject: Re: [MLL]What is postmodernism

> --
> Comrade Charles,
> I have come across this term while studing for 'community studies', it is
intellectualised slang and I think  it is bound up with the right wing
thinking of the 80's. I believe it is connected with the idea that
alternatives to capitalism dont have any relevance in a globalised world.
Theorists of community use it alot 'the global post-modern phenomena' etc, -
I think they cant see past present capitalist structures etc. Your
definition is right, I think that it is a shallow concept.