All of this is a media-generated panic. The first polls after the debate
actually indicated that there might have been a slight bump up for Biden .
. . not based on his performance but on the assholiness of the Orange Jesus.

It's just too late to replace Biden.  And it'd be pointless.  The same
lunkheads who stacked the deck for Clinton in 2016, for Biden in 2020, and
thugged his possible opponents out of the primaries this year will also be
the ones who will pick his replacement. You think they can't find somebody
worse?  I'm sure they already have a list.

If you think the convention is capable of being independent about anything,
we'd be better advised to head to Washington and levitate the Pentagon. :-)

Personally, I think it's pretty clear that Biden will win because Trump is
so godawful.  Unlike 2016, which was a fluke, voters have had him in the
White House for four years.  If the Democrats can't beat him with a lump of
green putty, they should just self-immolate.

My two cents.

. . . and I'll kick in more if the DNC needs some money for matches.  :-)

On Sat, Jun 29, 2024 at 5:11 PM Dayne Goodwin via groups.io <daynegoodwin=
gmail....@groups.io> wrote:

> Q. & A.
> Ezra Klein on Why the Democrats Are Too Afraid of Replacing Biden
> The President’s supporters have long treated his age as a superficial
> issue. The Times commentator explains why that position has become
> untenable.
> by Isaac Chotiner, New Yorker, June 28, 2024
>
> https://www.newyorker.com/news/q-and-a/ezra-klein-on-why-the-democratic-party-is-too-afraid-of-replacing-biden
>

> On Sat, Jun 29, 2024 at 1:33 PM Dennis Brasky via groups.io <dmozart1756=
> gmail....@groups.io> wrote:
>
>> https://portside.org/2024-06-28/biden-trump-was-bombshell-no-one-expected

View/Reply Online (#30950): https://groups.io/g/marxmail/message/30950
-=-=-
POSTING RULES & NOTES
#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.
#4 Do not exceed five posts a day.
-=-=-
Group Owner: marxmail+ow...@groups.io