> On Wed, 9 May 2012, Paul Wallingford wrote:
>
>> The problem is context.  Escaping is appropriate in certain contexts and
>> not in others.  There are many ways to determine context, quite a few of
>> them slow.  The speed issues of Mason2, due largely to Moose as
>> discussed in the past, means you do not want to add anything that makes
>> things even slower.
>
> Are you talking about a speed issue besides startup speed?
>
> Honestly, I'd surprised if Mason 2 was significantly slower than Mason 1
> at run time.

Mason 2 is noticeably *faster* than Mason 1 in terms of raw component call
speed. This is because Mason 1 component calls did a bunch of custom stack
maintenance and so on, whereas in Mason 2 it is pretty much
component_class->new(@args)->run().

Mason 2 is probably slower to startup than Mason 1, like anything that uses
Moose. I can't get real worked up over this. I use Moose for all sorts of stuff
and the startup speed never seems to bother me. I guess I'm not running lots of
tiny scripts real frequently?

Need to rerun and publish these benchmarks.

Jon