>It only has one network card because it plugs into the hub only.  The
>other NT Machines all have real IP addresses in that block and are
>plugged into the hub with the linux machine.  However, they don't have
>the router as their gateway, they have the linux machine as they're
>gateway.  The linux machine is doing IP Masquerading by the following
>commands (basic, i know)

Hey Brian,

You DON'T need to run MASQing on the Linux box to be a
default GW for the NT machines.  All you need to do is enable
IP forwarding with IPFWADM.

Since you aren't using a strong ruleset, just use:

        /sbin/ipfwadm -F -p allow

>So basically it's masquerading for machines that have real IPs.

Well. that really isn't true.  You are improperly fowarding
them.

Anyway.. if you have the chance to go out there next time,
I'd recommend to setup DHCP on the Linux box (very easy to do)
and enable DHCP on the NT workstations.  Then.. your life
will get MUCH easier!

--David
|  David A. Ranch - Remote Access/Linux/PC hardware      [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |
`----- For more detailed info, see http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~dranch -----'