I wrote:
> >Shouldn't that be port range 6000:6007 for Xwindows?

And David A. Ranch replied:
> Well.. yes and no.  X starts at port 6000 and works its
> way up if 6000 is busy.  I haven't seen X get through
> when 6000 is blocked.  Have you?

Yes, I have.  When I asked about it on a different list, I was recommended
to block 6000:6007 since then I've never seen a problem.  The explanation
was that some (not all) recent Xservers listen on 6000:6007.  (I don't
remember which of the commercial servers I was trying out at the time.)

Lourdes