************** CATALYST On-line **************
***** http://www.catalyst-chicago.org *****
*************** September 2001 ****************

The September issue of CATALYST is now on-line!

Featured Story:"A new CTU drummer"
http://www.catalyst-chicago.org/09-01/0901main1.htm
President Deborah Lynch is marching in a new direction.  Will teachers
follow?

Also, "Duncan charts a new path for Chicago Public Schools"
http://www.catalyst-chicago.org/09-01/0901duncan.htm
Q & A with Arne Duncan

See the full table of contents at
http://www.catalyst-chicago.org/09-01/0901toc.htm

... or scroll down for more links.

_____________________________________
____________ MAIN STORY _____________
________ A NEW CTU DRUMMER _______
_____________________________________

> Deborah Lynch and the making of an upset
http://www.catalyst-chicago.org/09-01/0901toc.htm
Where the new Chicago Teachers Union president has been and where she
intends to go.

> Lynch on the issues
http://www.catalyst-chicago.org/09-01/0901issues.htm
Her views on pedagogy and the place of teachers.

> What some teachers and reformers want
http://www.catalyst-chicago.org/09-01/0901teachers_want.htm
Advice and requests for the new union head.

> Who's who in new guard
http://www.catalyst-chicago.org/09-01/0901new_guard.htm
Lynch's team brings diverse experiences to leadership positions.

http://www.catalyst-chicago.org/09-01/0901salaries.htm

>Lynch wants union to join 'new unionism' group
http://www.catalyst-chicago.org/09-01/0901unionism.htm
CTU may join national progressive unions.

____________________________________
_________ SPECIAL SERIES ___________
____________________________________

> Chronicles: Summer School
http://www.catalyst-chicago.org/09-01/0901chronicles1.htm
Price is packed with students, Andersen a quiet place.

_____________________________________
_________ FROM THE EDITORS _________
_____________________________________

http://www.catalyst-chicago.org/09-01/0901editors.htm

_____________________________________
__________ NEWS UPDATES ___________
_____________________________________

http://www.catalyst-chicago.org/09-01/0901intervention.htm

> Test cheating analysis finds little in CPS
http://www.catalyst-chicago.org/09-01/0901cheating.htm

************ CATALYST ON THE AIR *********
**************** September 2001 ***************

On the air:  A lively discussion between three leaders
that sets priorities for Chicago Public Schools' new leaders.
Sokoni Karanja of Centers for New Horizons, DePaul University
professor Barbara Radner and Bernard Lacour of Designs for Change
join CATALYST Editor Veronica Anderson on "City Voices"
this Sunday, Sept. 9, at 6:30 a.m. on WNUA-FM, 95.5.

We're sending you this message because you signed up for an e-mail
subscription to CATALYST: Voices of Chicago School Reform. We hope that you
enjoy this service and that it's useful to you. Please contact me if you
have any questions or comments.  To unsubscribe, simply reply to this
message and type "remove" in the subject field.

Circulation Department
CATALYST: Voices of Chicago School Reform
332 S. Michigan Avenue, Suite 500
Chicago, IL 60604
312-427-4830, ext. 3867
312-427-6130 (fax)