* You can't conclude that the quality of instruction in private schools is
higher than that in goverment school. Those who teach in most of the
private or unaided private school are not selected for goverment under
common recruitment process. As the private school system is strict and the
parents pressure is strong (because they pay) the teachers appointed there
keep their Student at high alert and studious. One more reason for high
quality learning in private schools is that the students coming there are
from good educational background and generation. The intake capacity of
students , the parent pressure, extra outside tuition, the management
pressure, the good  discipline, good economic backgrounds... all go to
maintain high performance in private schools. You can't expect much of
these factors in goverment schools where, in most of the cases, students of
very low education background (mostly first  generation of educated
parenthood would actually get admitted) will fill up the places.
So, logicaly we can't put goverment and private institutions together to
compare. However comparison must be done by taking only corresponding
parameters.
Please think about my message.
Regards

http://karnatakaeducation.org.in/KOER/en/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions