>>> "EL" == Eric Ludlam <ericlud...@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Eric,

> Hi Uwe,
> John and I didn't get copyright assignments, just approval to
> contribute and distribute using a GPL like license.  I'll look into
> what it will take to also get an assignment.

Ok, this is a misunderstanding then. Please do whatever its convenient
for you. If you or John feel uncomfortable signing FSF papers, then we
can drop the issue and matlab emacs stays in MELPA.

> I am not familiar with copyright law regarding the fact that if I
> re-wrote a lot of the old code means the old contributors no longer
> hold copyright.  If someone sent me a patch, and I did my own
> implementation, that is ok, but in a lot of cases, I would have
> installed a patch, and then later gone back and fixed things up or
> replaced old code.  I am uncertain if the FSF will require some sort
> of proof of full replacement which would be difficult since old
> change-logs were done before modern version control systems were used
> with this project.

Right that is really a sophisticated issue. I think before even starting
to resolve it we need that all the contributors visible in git/mercurial
to sign the FSF papers. If they can't or don't want to we can forget the
subject.

Regards

Uwe