> On 12/1/20 3:55 AM, Uwe Brauer wrote:
> On newer Emacsen M-TAB is already bound to complete-symbol or variant
> that uses 'completion-at-point-functions' configuration variable.

Well I had also a global-key binding, but in my understanding and
experience a local-key binding should *always* overwrite the global one.
It did not, which puzzled me.

> I think the right solution is to remove `matlab-complete-symbol', and
> to augment completion-at-point-functions so that users who customize
> their completion engine (such as by using company mode) will get that
> effect for MATLAB buffers also.  I'm not sure how big a change that is
> though, which is why I was thinking closing out some open stuff and
> making a new branch for that experiment would be worth while.

That sounds like a good idea.
I'd like to test it once it is ready, because the keybinding questions are
important to me

I merged and pushed the usage1 branch.
Which reminds me that I have to open a push request for the MELPA repository.

> I'd also like to better understand Karthik's patch which I haven't had
> a chance to look into yet.  I haven't used the xref system enough to
> know how it works yet.

ok