There was some discussion a while back concerning upcoming changes to the mpl
documentation: moving the docs into the trunk and updating the website. I
can't find the thread now, could anyone summarize the current thinking?
Ondrej Certik recently implemented a sphinx-based documentation for ipython1
(see http://ipython.scipy.org/doc/ipython1/html/ and
http://ipython.scipy.org/doc/ipython1/ipython1.pdf), I wonder if we should
consider doing the same for matplotlib.

I haven't had nearly as much time to contribute to matplotlib as I did when I
was still in grad school, but I think I will have some free time starting in
May and would like to contribute some more over the summer. Now is probably a
good time to start considering summer projects.

Darren