On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 7:38 AM, Darren Dale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> There was some discussion a while back concerning upcoming changes to the mpl
>  documentation: moving the docs into the trunk and updating the website. I
>  can't find the thread now, could anyone summarize the current thinking?
>  Ondrej Certik recently implemented a sphinx-based documentation for ipython1
>  (see http://ipython.scipy.org/doc/ipython1/html/ and
>  http://ipython.scipy.org/doc/ipython1/ipython1.pdf), I wonder if we should
>  consider doing the same for matplotlib.

I'm definitely up for this or something close to it.  We definitely
want rest based docs which live in svn alongside the src distribution.
 If something like sphinx on top of it makes for better documents, I'm
all for it.  You may have seen that over the weekend I added a couple
of API rst documents to the doc subdir, with some basic make.py
support for building them into PDFs.  If you or anyone would like to
take a stab at getting a sphinx implementation going, have at it.

JDH