John Hunter wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 12:52 PM, Jeff Whitaker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>> What do you think?  If it's OK I say we use the natgrid package in
>> matplotlib, since it's more bulletproof than the scikits package (it passes
>> Robert's degenerate triangulation test, and has been pounded on by user of
>> NCAR graphics since the 1980's).
>>

> Great work!  I just contacted Jonathan with a similar query for
> Triangle, but am fully expecting a "no way" so very nice work on
> natgrid.  The licensing terms look fine to me.  Just drop the license
> in our licenses directory with some suitable name and fire away.  Also
> make sure the license is included in the module docstring so we comply
> with the "redistribution in binary form" clause.  In the unlikely
> event that Jonathan also comes back to us with a new license, we can
> decide then which is the better implementation.
>
> JDH

John:  Well, I hit one snag.  One file in natgrid has this comment in it.

/*
 *  The code in this file is based on code written and
 *  copyrighted (C) by Dave Watson.  Dr. Watson retains the
 *  copyright to his original code.  Augmentations and changes
 *  to Dr. Watson's code are copyrighted (C) by UCAR, 1997.
 */

The NCAR folks have not been able to contact the fellow, and suspect he
may have passed on.  I can't verify this though.  Do you see this as a
problem?

-Jeff

--
Jeffrey S. Whitaker         Phone  : (303)497-6313
Meteorologist               FAX    : (303)497-6449