On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 10:05 PM, Ryan May <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> <grumble> Ok, it fixes the problem if I pass dpi=72 to savefig(). Curiously,
> passing dpi=72 to Figure() does not have the same effect.  So now how do I

That is because "savefig" has its own dpi, which overrides the figure
dpi.  Tee ideas is that you typically want a different dpi for the UI
window and for the harcopy

> fix it?  I'm really not sure what's going wrong here.  If I had to guess,
> it's a problem between figure size being in inches while I'm drawing in
> pixels (still don't know how that works, because there's no way those barbs
> are 9 pixels long).

I'm not familiar enough with the windbarb code to know where the "9
pixel" thing that is bothering you is creeping in, I'm just saying
that using an identity transform means you are drawing in canvas
(pixel) space and not accounting for dpi.  The Figure instance has a
"dpi_scale_transform" that is designed to handle dpi scaling, and
updates itself when the figure dpi is changed so you don't have to
handle the callbacks.  Take a look at this and see if you can
incorporate it.  If you have troubles, Michael or I can advise
further.

If you clarify the "9 pixel" problem that is bothering you, I may be
able to help more sooner...

JDH