John Hunter wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 9:13 AM, Michael Droettboom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> This may also be an argument for finally making the auto-pixel-alignment
>> code programmatic, rather than automatic.  As it works now, it
>> automatically pixel-aligns when there are a) no curves and b) only
>> rectilinear axis-aligned line segments.  If the pixel alignment was
>> instead controlled from Python as a flag, then the legend code could
>> explicitly say it wants the legend patch to be pixel-aligned, even if it
>> has rounded corners.  But that's perhaps too deep of a change to make
>> for the impending release and should have to wait for next time.
>>

> This sounds fairly benign (gc param?) so I could go either way: before or
> after.

The gc param would be the easy part -- I was thinking the difficult
would be going through all the cases and making sure it's doing the
right thing, and making sure axes and ticks etc. still look nice.
Though I suppose having the flag be yes/no/auto (where auto is the
current behavior) would be the easiest route.

Mike

--
Michael Droettboom
Science Software Branch