John Hunter wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 9:39 AM, Michael Droettboom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>> The gc param would be the easy part -- I was thinking the difficult would be
>> going through all the cases and making sure it's doing the right thing, and
>> making sure axes and ticks etc. still look nice.  Though I suppose having
>> the flag be yes/no/auto (where auto is the current behavior) would be the
>> easiest route.
>>

> I wasn't thinking clearly.  I was thinking you would be applying the
> fix only for the legend implementation, but there is no clean way to
> do this since the backends don't know anything about legends.  Yes,
> doing this for all the artists is definitely too ambitious at this
> stage of the release.

I think this also dovetails nicely with another update I've been meaning
to make -- to use a GC (or something like it) for images and collections
as well.  As it stands now, any new property to collections needs to be
added as a new argument to every backend (as was recently done for
hyperlink support).  Stuffing everything in an object should make it
more easily extensible.

But that's not before the release... ;)

Mike

--