It would be nice to have mpl tested on a few different environments.  The
obvious ones are:

clean macos
macos + brew (py2/py3)
macos + macports (2.6, 2.7, (3.1?), 3.2, 3.3)

I started a repo to install these environments on travis CI's mac
environment.  I don't have all the bugs shaken out of the macports
environments, but it may be a useful starting place for standardizing
installation instructions.

https://github.com/mrterry/mpl_on_travis_mac