Ian,

> I am working on a PR to replace the use of matplotlib.delaunay with the
> Qhull library.

nice! -- ( though I sure wish Qhull did constrained delaunay...)

> Installation will be similar to the existing packages LibAgg
> and CXX in that if the system already has a sufficiently recent version of
> Qhull installed then matplotlib will use that, otherwise it will build the
> required library from the source code shipped with matplotlib.

Why bother, why not just always build the internal version?

(for that matter, same with agg)

Wouldn't it be a lot easier and more robust to be sure that everyone
is running the exact same code?

What are the odds that folks are using qhull for something else, and
even more to the point, what are the odds that the duplication of this
lib would matter one wit?

This isn't like LAPACK, where folks have a compellling reason to run a
particular version.

-- just my thoughts on how to keep things simpler.

-Chris

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

chris.bar...@noaa.gov