Hello,

I submitted a pull request #2522 [1].  It includes support for more basic
spectrum plots like magnitude and phase spectrums.  These are extremely
commonly used in signal processing, acoustics, and many other fields, but
are also very important for educational usage since pretty much anyone
going through one of several engineering degrees like electrical
engineering has to learn these types of plots.  I have heard a number of
colleagues complaining about the lack of these plots in matlab.

It has been up for 5 days, but I haven't received any comments on its
content or structure.  I understand that it is a pretty substantial patch,
but I think the features are very useful.

I am also a bit concerned that patches covering the same code might be
submitted and accepted while I am waiting for this, since such changes
would be hard to merge into my branch.

So does anyone have any thoughts on the patch?

[1] https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/pull/2522