> > My final distribution is 47MB in 840 files.  Does anyone
> > have an example that does even better?
>
> I think PyInstaller is supposed to help with this problem:
> http://pyinstaller.hpcf.upr.edu/
> But I have not used it.
>
> Cheers,
> Alan Isaac

Hi Alan,  PyInstaller looks intriguing, but the traffic on their
mailing list makes me think that it doesn't have enough users (&
therefore developers) yet.  I want to stay on the well-traveled-paths
where I can find them.

I think for now I'll use NSIS w/ py2exe to create a single executable
that unpacks to a temporary directory and launches itself when it's
double clicked.  I've used this sucessfully in the past.  ( something
like this: http://wiki.wxpython.org/index.cgi/SmallApp )

I think what I'm really hoping for is to find a way to include just
the core functionality of matplotlib, without pulling in numpy and
scipy and all the bells and whistles.

Of course, the real solution to my problem is to just start using all
the bells and whistles (I'm happy to see the mathtext module that will
work on systems that don't have TeX!)

-Jim