Hi,

> I think a consensus is building in the python community that you should
> NEVER use import *!

Well, I have only been coding python for a few years, but I would say,
along with writing unit tests, the great importance of not using
import * is one of the secrets that you learn slowly and painfully
with experience.  Chris' point about the movement of big projects away
from that idiom is a very good one. It is convenient, but over time
you realize that the value of convenience is far outweighed by the
namespace mess and loss of clarity that results.

Best,

Matthew