Hi to the list,

I'm using matplotlib to generate graphs during my master thesis. I
want to thank all the developer for providing such flexible tool.

In some plots I have to put greek letters (or sometimes small fomulas)
as axis label. I've found three way to accomplish this:

1. Use the unicode string: xlabel(u'Wavelength [μm]')
2. Use mathtext: xlabel(r'$\rm{Wavelength [\mu m]}$')
3. Use usetex: rc(text, usetex=True), xlabel(r'Wavelength [$\rm{\mu m}$]')

I have some problem with each method (any hint is appreciated).

1. This method works ok as far as I choose a unicode font with the
greek letters, for example: