Hi list,

I guess it's not limited to the basemap toolkit, but it fits to explain
my problem:

I'd like to produce time series with basemap. As drawing coastlines,
countrys etc. is expensive, but stays the same for every time step, I'd
like to draw the basemap "background" only once and the reuse I.

copy / deepcopy (module copy) the current axes doesn't work:
copy.Error: un(deep)copyable object of type <type 'Affine'>

Creating two identical axes with different label='XXX' doesn't work,
because contourf will overwrite my background.
Same for adding a subplot to my figure.

Whats the way to "clone" an axes instance (or any other form of my
background), so I can reuse it after I plotted the first time step and
then called cla()?

Thanks
Simon