John Hunter schrieb:
> On 4/4/07, Simon Kammerer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I guess it's not limited to the basemap toolkit, but it fits to explain
>> my problem:
>>
>> I'd like to produce time series with basemap. As drawing coastlines,
>> countrys etc. is expensive, but stays the same for every time step, I'd
>> like to draw the basemap "background" only once and the reuse I.
>
> This can probably be solved with the copy/blit/animate stuff described
> at the end of
> http://www.scipy.org/Cookbook/Matplotlib/Animations

Doesn't work for me, as I don't want to use a GUI but save my plots as
images.

blit() raises an error:
AttributeError: 'FigureCanvasGTKAgg' object has no attribute '_pixmap'

Probably because the FigureCanvasGTK part of FigureCanvasGTKAgg is not
initialized?!

I guess I need blit() implemented in FigureCanvasAgg, but to my
understanding of the animation/blitting stuff, this is probably not how
  "lowlevel" figurecanvas like FigureCanvasAgg work, as they are vector
based.

I solved my initial problem with a kind of very simple coastlines-cache
in the basemap toolkit. I will discuss my changes with Jeff Whitaker,
maybe they will find their way into basemap eventually...

Simon