Some answers:

--- Grant Edwards <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 2007-04-09, Lou Pecora <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > I assume you mean the first example, the wire
> frame (see
> > below).  It works for me.
>
> I've tried that code as well, and p.show() doesn't
> return until
> the window is closed.  If I use code like that in a
> python
> program, the program becomes non-responsive until
> the plot
> window is closed.

That is how pylab works.  The program has to respond
to events in the plot window and cannot respond to the
command line.

> I've switched to using wxmpl to embed figure in a
> wxWidgets
> panel. That almost works -- except I loose the
> ability for the
> user to rotate/zoom using the mouse.

I have not tried this approach very much.  I'm sorry,
but I can't think of a way to retain the rotate/zoom.
Perhaps others can offer help.

> > No problems.  When pylab (matplotlib) plots it
> does so in a
> > window associated with a Python process that is
> separate from
> > the terminal (I assume you are using a terminal).
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by "using a terminal".
> I'm running
> my python app from the command line in a terminal
> emulator
> window.

Yes, that is what I meant by using a terminal.

-- Lou Pecora,   my views are my own.
"I knew I was going to take the wrong train, so I left early."
--Yogi Berra

Need Mail bonding?