Wouldn't it make sense to simply change the xticks to
reflect the time instead of the number of data points
?

Like, if we needed to display 0 t0 1000 points over a
period of time, wouldn't it be nice to translate the
xticks to reflect the period of time ?

Would you suggest using IndexLocator in that sense ?

-iyer

> hence is there a good way
> > "translate ticks" ?
>
> Yes, you can certainly do this, but what we are
> suggesting is that it
> makes more sense to simply scale your data before
> plotting.  Is there
> a reason you don't want to do this
>
>   ax.plot(ind*dt, y)
>
> The index locator