Derek,

When you say "on version 5", do you mean windrose itself is on version 5?  May
be that's why in your sample code, you invoked windrose via:

freq,ax=windrose.windplot(ventV,ventD,counts=False,speed_classes=[0.1,0.2,0.3,0.4,0.5],sectors=8,style='bar2')

but the version of windrose from John Hunter's message
(http://www.nabble.com/windrose-t1392107.html) doesn't look anywhere like that.

I have not received a response from the author.   Could you please post version
5 of windrose.py?

Appreciate it.

<quote author='Derek Hohls'>
I would suggest contacting the author directly.  windrose.py
is on version 5 (AFAIK). I have used it on a project and it works
well.

Derek

http://www.originlab.com/www/products/GraphGallery.aspx?GID=26&s=8&lm=215

> > Since I am not interested in wind direction, may be I can use
stacked bar-chart.   Still, how would I tie plot_data with it though?

grab "windrose.py" at the end of this thread

http://www.nabble.com/windrose-t1392107.html

I've not used it but I think it is what you are looking for: a
windrose module for python.

JDH

</quote>

--