Thanks for the message, Lionel.

I am now able to run windrose.py using Derek's sample data.  I was having
trouble at first but after updating scipy to the latest version, the problem
went away.

Now, I am trying to convert my data into a format acceptable to windrose.  As
indicated before, my data is of the form:

time-stamp (dd/mm/yy hh:mm), wind speed, wind direction

and so I need to do some kind of conversion.

Thanks again.

--
John Henry