Hi, I'm fairly new to using matplotlib having just stopped using Matlab
and started using Python.

I have two questions about matplotlib.

1)  It's pretty easy to include text on a graph, but are LaTex strings
supported?  That is, I want to write something like this on my plot:
'\Phi_0 = blah...'.  When passing a LaTex command as part of text string
to be written on a plot in MatLab, it interprets this and displays the
(in this case) Greek symbol.  Any suggestions on how this is or should
be done with matplotlib?

2) How do I format how tick mark labels are displayed?  I have a plot
whose x-axis runs from 0 to 8.5e-5.  But the tick mark labels are
0,0.00001,0.00002,0.00003...  This is rather unsightly, but I haven't
found a way to specify the format of these numbers.

thanks for any help,

trevis

Trevis Crane

Postdoctoral Research Assoc.