I think we want to keep matplotlib associated with the OS X Framework install of python; if we installed the macports version, am I correct in assuming that we could just dump the resulting python modules (eg. gtk, tkinter, and matplotlib) into the Framework install's site-packages dir (or more likely my own PYTHONPATH dir) and disregard the macports distro of python?