On Thursday 27 September 2007 01:28:46 am Tom Johnson wrote:
> On 9/26/07, Darren Dale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I used your script to create the eps file, and created the attached
> > postscript
> > (you need an \end{document} in your latex code).
>
> Whoops!
>

> Do you see anything wrong
>
> > with the resulting postscript? It looks fine to me.
>
> Indeed.  I didn't realize this before, but the problem is actually with the
> pdf.  I have attached it.  Can you confirm that your pdf looks like mine?

No, it does not look like yours. See attached.

> Mine looks like this no matter which viewer I use (acrobat, evince, xpdf).
> This makes me wonder if it is 1) the eps file or 2) the compilation
> process.

It is probably a problem with either ghostscript or pdftops.

> Actually, the problem exists as early as the dvi file.

The dvi looks fine here, and so does my pdf. It is often the case that
problems with usetex are solved by updating the external dependencies. I am
using:

GPL Ghostscript 8.60
pdftops version 3.00
pdfeTeX 3.141592-1.30.5-2.2 (tetex-3.0_p1)