On 9/27/07, Darren Dale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thursday 27 September 2007 01:28:46 am Tom Johnson wrote:
> > On 9/26/07, Darren Dale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > I used your script to create the eps file, and created the attached
> > > postscript
> > > (you need an \end{document} in your latex code).
> >
> > Whoops!
> >

> > Do you see anything wrong
> >
> > > with the resulting postscript? It looks fine to me.
> >
> > Indeed.  I didn't realize this before, but the problem is actually with the
> > pdf.  I have attached it.  Can you confirm that your pdf looks like mine?
>
> No, it does not look like yours. See attached.

Interesting.

> > Mine looks like this no matter which viewer I use (acrobat, evince, xpdf).
> > This makes me wonder if it is 1) the eps file or 2) the compilation
> > process.
>
> It is probably a problem with either ghostscript or pdftops.
>
> > Actually, the problem exists as early as the dvi file.
>
> The dvi looks fine here, and so does my pdf. It is often the case that
> problems with usetex are solved by updating the external dependencies. I am
> using:
>
> GPL Ghostscript 8.60
> pdftops version 3.00
> pdfeTeX 3.141592-1.30.5-2.2 (tetex-3.0_p1)

Hmm...I have:

ESP Ghostscript 8.15.04 (2007-03-14)
pdftops version 3.01    (coming from libpoppler1 version 0.5.4-0ubuntu8)
pdfeTeX 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (tetex-3.0.dfsg.3-4)

The CUPS page (http://www.cups.org/espgs/index.php) indicates that ESP
8.15.04 and GPL 8.57 have merged into 8.60.  This is probably the
solution.  So I will give that a try as a first fix and report back to
the list.

However, it will be a little while before I can provide a status
update----I have a presentation very soon and do not have the time to
regenerate all my images so that the background matches my
presentation background.  Since my setup had been creating
'transparent' facecolors, I did not bother setting facecolor at all
and kept the default. :(

Thanks!