On Tue, 27 Nov 2007, Michael Droettboom wrote:

> Yes.  You can do
>
>       from pylab import *
>       axes().grid(True) # For both axes
>       axes().xaxis.grid(True) # Just x
>       axes().yaxis.grid(True) # Just y
>
> Rather than just an on/off boolean, you can also provide line styles:
>
>       axes().grid(color='r', linestyle='-', linewidth=2)

Mike,

   Ah, now I see the syntax for using axes(). However, if I'm embedding the
plots in a wxPython panel, I'm not using pylab. In this environment I also
haven't yet figured out how to add axis labels or specify the range of each
axis. Within pylab on stand-alone test apps it works fine.

Thanks,

Rich