Barry Wark wrote:
> We (at my work) are just starting to think about writing a more direct
> Quartz backend for mpl. A native backend would let a matplotlib view
> participate in newer Cocoa technologies, such as resolution
> independence and CoreAnimation (it's possible with the current backend
> method, but not quite as flexible).

I'm curious what Cocoa and CoreAnimation might enable...

If you are looking into writing a Quartz rendering backend, you may want
to start with the matplotlib transforms branch (which should become the
trunk shortly, once the 0.91 release bugs get shaken out.)  The number
of methods that a backend writer must provide has been greatly reduced
on that branch.

Cheers,
Mike

--