Thanks very much for all your help.

On Feb 18, 2008 3:44 PM, John Hunter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It's not that it isn't supported, it's just rarely used and so may
> have slowly broken over time.  It is useful, so It would be worthwhile
> for us to fix it.  Are you using 0.91.2 or svn?

I am using 0.91.2 at the moment (on Mac OS X - I think this was the
downloaded binary). I could build from svn if you think it would make
a difference.

I guess for now I will use the function argument method, but I'm happy
to keep this code around and provide what feedback I can.

I suspect that if the subplot geometry was set to autoupdate when the
window is resized as it is for a fresh subplot, then the overlapping
axes might go away after a window resize. The missing xticks is a bit
of a mystery though - they all seems to be there, just not shown. I
tried setting them visible and redrawing but no luck.

Thanks again,

Robin