Friedrich Hagedorn wrote:
> Hello,
>
> today I tried to install mpl in my local home directory at work. This
> debian distribution is very old and I had to compile for my own.
>
> But I failed to compile pygtk (special cairo and pango) as a dependency
> for mpl. So I have two questions:
>
> 1. Does you have an advice to compile mpl with minimal dependencies?

You can copy "setup.cfg.template" to "setup.cfg" and then edit the [gui]
section to disable certain GUIs.  You will need at least one GUI --
TkAgg is probably going to be the easiest to get working on an older
system.  You will need to have Tkinter and the Tcl/Tk development
headers installed, however.
> 2. Does anybody know a good python dirstibution including mpl?

Enthought has one, but I have no experience with it.

Cheers,
Mike

--
Michael Droettboom