Oz Nahum wrote:
> I still get this error
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "yael.py", line 24, in <module>
>     x = x.transpose()
> AttributeError: 'tuple' object has no attribute 'transpose'

as someone suggested, you really want to read up on numpy -- the
transpose method is a method of numpy arrays. numpy arrays are kind of
like Matlab matrixes, only more powerful and flexible. MPL is using
numpy arrays inside anyway.

> and one more thing I discovered. the Data points that are ploted are not
> temperature... this are the depth:distance coordinates.

if you have a contour plot,  you have depth,distance as your x,y
coordinates, with the temp value shown by the contours  How did you
expect to plot temp on top of that?

> I am a lost case about reading tutorial at the moment.
> I am in a middle of a very intense course, and they expect us to do
> crazy stuff with matlab. so it's either that or solving with python.

Either way, there is not choice but to learn a bit first! As hard as
this is, you're right trying to do all your computation and plotting
with with a spreadsheet is a nightmare -- you'll be glad you've learned it!

Have you read the MPL docs -- there's a lot of good, simple examples in
there:

http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/users_guide_0.98.1.pdf

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

[EMAIL PROTECTED]