On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 2:58 PM, Oz Nahum <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Here is why the contours are wrong:
> they are ploted verticaly, while I think, it is more common to draw temp.
> contours in oceanography when the are horizontal.

You can transpose your inputs.  For numpy arrays: x = x.transpose()

> Also, one more thing, I can't find how to expand the borders of the plot,
> say from 350 to 400
> (same for depth) I tried usig xlim and ylim(0,900) but no result.

Subsequent calls to plot will call the autoscaler, so either you need
to set the xlim *after* all the plotting commands or turn off
autoscaling entirely by passing the autoscale_on=False property to the
axes, eg

plt.gca().set_autoscale_on(False)