On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 1:29 PM, Robin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 5:22 PM, Christopher Barker
>> try wxPython -- it's easy to install and works well.
>
> Thanks - it does seem nicer (doesn't have the mouse over resizing)...
>
> However I have one problem where a figure I create in a function
> doesn't show up:
> # this is how I create a figure in a function
> In [20]: def test_func():
>   ....:     f = figure()
>   ....:     ax = f.add_subplot(111)
>   ....:     ax.plot([1,2,3,4],[1,2,3,4])
>   ....:     f.show()
>   ....:     return f
>   ....:

One more thought -- if you are in pylab mode (so "interactive" is
turned on) if you are making your draw calls through the api, as you
are in this example, you will need to call draw after the plot
commands, eg

  ax.plot(something)
  f.canvas.draw()

This is explained in some detail in the shell page I pointed you to in
my last post.

JDH