Mauro Cavalcanti wrote:
> Dear Jeff,
>
> 2008/12/13 Jeff Whitaker <jsw...@fastmail.fm>:
>
>> Mauro:  That's a bug - the fillcontinents method was only returning the last
>> Polygon instance drawn.  I've fixed it in SVN (r6579) to return a list of
>> all the Polygon instances.  You can now iterate over that list and remove
>> each Polygon, like this
>> contpolys = m.fillcontinents()
>> for contpoly in contpolys:
>>   contpoly.remove()
>>

> In my application, it didn't work.

Mauro:  Did you update from SVN?  If so, can be more specific about what
didn't work?  The return value of fillcontinents should be a list of
Polygon instances, each with a remove method.

> But I just figured out that a much
> simpler solution is to call ax.cla() (brute force, isn't it? :))
That deletes everything, not just the continent polygons.  I don't think
you want to do that.  Removing just the continent Polygons should work
if you have the latest SVN revision (0.99.3).  Let's figure out why
that's not working for you.

-Jeff

--
Jeffrey S. Whitaker         Phone : (303)497-6313
NOAA/OAR/CDC  R/PSD1        FAX   : (303)497-6449