On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 2:13 PM, Michael Hearne <mhea...@usgs.gov> wrote:
> John - I get the same error at the end. I've been able to build the package
> from the tarball successfully. Output follows:

No, this is not the same.  In the original post you had

  error: lib/matplotlib/mpl-data/matplotlib.conf.template

which was breaking the install (I think).  This is the bug I fixed.
The CleanUpFile exceptions are annoying but mostly harmless, and I
have a post to distutils.sig about them.

Let me know if you have information otherwise.

JDH