antonv wrote:
> Scott, the Scatter function works great but i am really looking to use the
> contourf one.
>
> Eric, you're right, the way I had it initially it was missing the z value. I
> looked at the griddata example and here is the code I came up with:

Since you read your data from a GRIB file, it must be on a regular
grid.  Therefore, you don't need to use griddata to grid your data.

The best way to go would be to use PyNIO to read the grib data into a 2D
array, and then plot it directly with contourf (perhaps using the
Basemap toolkit if you want to display a map underneath).

If you point me to your GRIB file I can show you what I mean.

-Jeff