João,

Thank you for commenting on the code. sys.argv check is a wise one. Since I
was the only user of this little snippet I didn't give attention of this
detail, however eventually some other people will start using the code too.

I thought it is more efficient to only import functions that I use from
modules. This said, I don't see much speed difference on two codes. Is
import statement (or Python itself) intelligent enough to import only the
modules that are used inside a program or does it load all content at the
original import time?

Mouse-hover readings are really nice to have while analysing the data, and
ability of setting its sensitivity comes handier sometimes. I wish I could
find a way to put such a mechanism on my recent poster presentation. Hah,
maybe I should use a flexible lcd and let viewers to interract with the
poster themselves instead of viewing things on a dry big sheet of paper.

Yes, the IPython call from shell still stays a mystery...

Gökhan