On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 12:02 PM, Jae-Joon Lee <lee.j.j...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure what exactly you're trying to do here.
>
> You mean something like this?
>

> http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/examples/pylab_examples/ellipse_collection.html
>
> The example uses EllipseCollection but scatter basically creates
> collections.

That is exactly what I have been trying to do :) You understood me even I
being very clear. I think this should be a very developer instinct of you JJ
;)

> If there is any screenshot you can show (may be from other plotting
> tool), it would be much easier to figure out.

It would be so very great to have an interface similar to Mayavi's (what
other plotting tool I would have in my mind :). Some functionality is much
easier to find in Mayavi's menus. Matplotlib is allowing me to create very
creative and informative plots to analyse and demonstrate our airborne
collected aerosol, cloud nuclei, and various other atmospheric parameters.
However the number of different figures that I am creating is increasing on
a daily-basis. Something out of my screen is screening at me to put the
figures on GUI-based design. Hoping that SciPy09 will give me the motivation
to establish some good results in the lands of matplotlib integrated GUI's.

> -JJ
>
> -ps. By the way, I'm afraid that this fix missed the 0.99 release.

I don't think many will notice this, since you have amazing other additions
into the library.

Please, keep up great work.

--
Gökhan