Perry Greenfield wrote:
> To give an idea, when you ask matplotlib to render an image, it
> processes it (resamples, rescales, maps to colors, etc) in order to
> actually display it. Since it may redo all that if you resize or
> otherwise re-render the figure, it needs to keep a reference to the
> original image. Even if you delete your reference to it, it still has
> it, and thus it won't be deleted until the figure is cleared. So if the
> input to the imshow call is the full size array, you will have that
> around. You may want to downsample that image to lower resolution (and
> make sure that the downsampled version is a copy, not a view of the
> original array).

This is what I already did, at least that was what I thought. I
calculated a downsampled image, but ignored it ... :(

So now I was able to do the stitching of >30 images with a resolution of
1224x1632, yielding a total picture of 6600 x 5450 pixels, with 600 dpi.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers, Gerd

--
Dr. Gerd Wellenreuther
beamline scientist P06 "Hard X-Ray Micro/Nano-Probe"

Tel.: + 49 40 8998 5701