On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 4:27 PM, Dominik Szczerba <domi...@itis.ethz.ch> wrote:
> When using white over back color scheme the legend() is unreadable, with
> apparently hard-coded white legend background - or is there a way to set
> it in the rc file?

Unfortunately no.
I recommend you to manually change the color of the legend frame.

l = plt.legend()
l.legendPatch.set_fc(plt.rcParams["axes.facecolor"])

I'm not very kin to introduce a new rc param for this. I think it is
good enough to have the legend background to follow the color of the
axes, as above. I'll try to commit the relevant change soon.
But any other suggestion will be welcomed.

Regards,

-JJ